He threatens me always and said that he will cut me into pieces --Wife cries out - SyCtRenDs

MAXIMUM TRENDING UPDATES

Breaking

Sunday, November 11, 2018

He threatens me always and said that he will cut me into pieces --Wife cries out


A housewife, Rukayat Jamiu, 27, on Friday, prayed a Badagry Customary Court in Lagos State, to dissolve her 12-year-old marriage, alleging that her husband, Kareem, constantly threatens to kill and cut her into pieces with his cutlass.

According to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), Rukayat, a fashion designer, also told the court that she could no longer tolerate his frequent beatings, adding that there was no more love in the marriage.

“I met Kareem in 2006 when I was just 15 years of age, he approached me and promised to marry me.

“41 days after the birth of my first child, he beat me up with his  belt. I had four children for Kareem,.

“The beating did not stop in spite of of the fact that I told his father about it,” she said.

She alleged that Kareem was a womaniser and an alcoholic.

“One day, I took my son to visit my elder sister in Badagry and we arrived home a little after 8 p.m.

“By the time we got home, my husband had locked up the house. But after much persuasion, he opened the door.

“Kareem woke me up in the middle of the night and threatened to kill and cut me into pieces with his cutlass

“He asked me to say last prayer. My children woke up and began to plead with him to save me from being cut into pieces.

“That day, I made up my mind not to continue with the marriage.

“My lord, enough is enough, I can no longer tolerate his frequent beatings, harassment and threats to life,” she said.

Kareem, 47, an electrician, who lives in Oko-Afo, denied beating his wife.

He said that he was fed up with Rukayat’s adulterous and drinking life, adding that he was no longer interested in the marriage.

The court’s President, Mr Sakirudeen Adekola, adjourned the case till November 22, for further hearing, to give room for a peaceful settlement.

No comments:

Post a Comment